Friday, August 7, 2020

Wake Up Call.

 As each day goes by lately, the more I see, the deeper the pain.

In all honesty it does not just bother me to see people treating each other the way they are, it literally hurts, it hurts to the core of my very being and I cannot really explain why.

I do not even pretend to speculate what it is, nor what is going through people’s heads, but I often know, without words, rhyme, or reason, I know... I know people, often within the first five minutes of meeting them, I can feel what sort of person it is I am dealing with.

One can speculate this might be a side effect of my training, but I have done it my whole life and I have put people before myself long before I began my training.

Seeing the state of things and knowing the outcomes, this is not bragging, this is a warning. Work to better yourselves and overcome this, because there are people out there who feel it deeply, like a wound straight to the heart.

I think of my children, I think of other people’s children, I think of other people themselves, friends, family, people I have not even met; I wonder, how many people actually think of THEM as they are attempting to appear virtuous or resolute with whatever cause they happen to throw themselves behind?

Is it worth it? When all is said and done, do they realize who this will effect and in what way?

Children have already died because of this, people have already died, and what is being sought will cost the lives, livelihood, homes, and security of countless others.

Do they take the time to get to know their names? Do they even care?

Many don’t, most don’t, most just follow the directions of the mob, not even realizing they are following a contrary path to the very things they profess.

In the end, should any of this come to my door, I will have to do what is best for my own family, and I will have to live with the consequences of acting because of the actions of other people forcing me into such a position when all I want to do is live life the way I choose to live it and be left alone.

I have, and will always, stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves, but there is a difference in that and what is being played out on the world stage, even the local stage.

This is not a game. People have died. It hurts to see you all act this way, with your opinions, your demonizations, your actions, your violence.

There will always be violence and there will always be a need to face it, why add to that? 

This will be my last post here. I see many in this community, of all communities, acting in this way when we should be leading the way towards something more meaningful and virtuous.

I am not perfect and I have acted in such ways at times, I also do not have even a fraction of the answers, but I do know that I can feel this deeply and it is taking a toll. 


No comments: