Friday, June 12, 2020

Flowing Thoughts on Ti and Karate#2.

I have a lot to learn.

The majority of my training now is spent not on perfecting ‘blocks’ or ‘punches’ or ‘stances’ nor even on performing Kata to any sort of standard, but toward understanding something about the shape and flow, proper timing, proper alignment, proper generation of power, focus, and intent.

Seeing things I did not see before in Kata I have been practicing for a long time, even the most ‘basic’ things are shown in a new light, all through practicing from a different perspective, and that is all it is, perspective masked within perspective.
I know now that what I thought I knew well I did not actually know at all and most of it was rudimentary, surface level, beginning steps toward something much, much different and far more than I had, perhaps, initially thought.

Maybe these are the steps towards heresy within many circles, but that is okay. I have never shied away from being THAT person because those who follow the herd tend to only go as far as the herd, as Confucius once said.
The path leading directly into a void, where there is nothing and everything, seems mystical, but highly practical in the unlearning process... To get to a point where loyalty to form is no longer an issue and true practicality is found in a continuous flowing expression of shapes, directions, redirections, driven by foot and hip on up through structure, executed with intent, yet naturally, without thought.

Maybe I am far off, there is still more to gather and far more to do. Once done, nothing really will have been done, the only thing retained is unretainable.

Mystical mumbo jumbo, or something else entirely? Maybe both.

Good day.

No comments: